2nd Gen Intel® Xeon® processor scalable family provides significant performance combined with a rich feature set based on cutting edge technology. This results in compelling benefits across a broad variety of usage models and applications: High Performance Computing, Enterprise, Cloud, Storage, Networking, Communications and IoT.
A Significant Intel Platform Advancement
- Performance for range of workloads – 1.5x increase in memory bandwidth with 6 vs. 6 memory channels. Intel AVX-512 new instructions.
- All new memory architecture – Up to 6TB capacity in a 2S system and lower cost than DRAM. Supports persistent data. Enables new class of applications.
- Optional integrated network fabric – 1/10GbE Intel Ethernet. 100G Intel OmniPath Architecture. Improved scalability and resiliency with no IO compromise.
- Optional integrated accelerators – Intel Quick Assist Technology encryption and compression offloads. “Skylake”-SP + Arria 10 FPGA.
- Advanced Security – Intel Trusted Execution Technology (TXT) with enhanced Remote and Out-of-Band provisioning. Platform Trust Technology (PTT).