By now, you've heard a thing or two about the benefits surrounding virtualization technology. But what is virtualization? And how does it apply to your server environment? Server virtualization is the single most effective way for businesses to reduce IT expenses while boosting efficiency and agility. It is the portioning of a physical server into multiple virtual servers to help maximize server resources. In other words, each virtual server can run its own operating system and applications, performing as if it is an individual server.
Benefits of virtualization:
- Conserves space through consolidation, thus lowering power and cooling costs
- Greater utilization of server resources, decreasing server hardware requirements and lowering IT costs
- Fast server provisioning means quickly cloning a machine within minutes
- Improve business continuity and disaster recovery through server redundancy
- Install operating systems/applications on a single host virtual server and export the OS/application functionality to each supported server
Server virtualization allows you to:
- Run multiple operating systems and applications on a single server
- Consolidate hardware to get higher productivity from fewer servers
- Simplify IT infrastructure and make it easier to manage – especially when business needs change
- Deploy applications faster
- Save on overall IT costs by reducing tedious tasks and allowing your IT staff to focus on growing your business instead
To learn more about server virtualization andwhether this strategy is right for your business, contact a Servers Direct representative today at 888-988-5816 or visit Servers Direct for more information.